Meal Charge Policy
FROM THE GLEN LAKE KITCHEN
Dear Laker Families:
We are required to establish a procedure for working with families that have accumulated unpaid lunch charges. To that end, the following will be the procedures the Food Service Staff will work with regarding this matter:
- We trust all of our parents to pay for their child’s breakfasts and lunches on time. You can do so by sending payments to the Food Service Department, by sending payment through your child to their teacher or by paying into your child’s account by using “sendmoneytoschool.com”
- We will notify you of any unpaid meal charges each week, if that is ever the need.
- If you believe your child might qualify for free or reduced meals, please contact the Food Service Department. Those conversations are strictly confidential. Our goal is to help you and your family the best that we can.
- Please know, that we will never deny a child breakfast or lunch because of a parent’s failure to pay for past meals. They will get the same meal options as every other student. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- Parents, we ask that you please don’t put us in a position where we need to turn an outstanding, large unpaid meal balance over to a collection agency. We believe you will not take advantage of our commitment to feed your child properly every day and consciously choose to withhold payment for those meals. We sincerely hope no one will.
As you have questions or need assistance, please contact Rebecca Chavalia at 231.334.3061 (ext. 503) or at email@example.com
WE ENCOURAGE ALL FAMILIES TO FILL OUT THE FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION.