Board of Education
The Glen Lake Community Schools administration is governed by a publicly elected Board of Education. As citizen leaders, the Board of Education members face complex and demanding challenges. They have one of the most important volunteer jobs in the area – assuring a quality education to successive generations of children. Our board members are ordinary citizens with extraordinary dedication to our school whose role is to oversee and set school policy, hire and work in partnership with the superintendent, and oversee the District budget.
Glen Lake Community School District and its Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
To inspire and prepare students to achieve at their highest potential for today's ever-changing world.
- Everyone can learn.
- Every person is entitled to be respected, valued, and nurtured.
- Every learner is entitled to the best education possible.
- The learning environment must be organized, with high expectations, to encourage success for all.
- Education improves with student, parent, staff, and community involvement.
Board Core Values:
- Student-Centered Focus
- Acting with Courage and Honesty
- Respect all Stakeholders
- Collaborative Problem-Solving
Board's 3-Year Vision for the District:
- Completed Community Facility
- International and Domestic Travel Experiences Offered to All Students and Staff
- Increase Participation and Opportunities in Visual and Performing Arts
- Bus Garage
- Additional Life Skills Curriculum
- New Playground for All with the Warnes Walkway
- Utilize Green Building Techniques and Cultivate an Environmentally Conscious Culture
- Ongoing Support of Innovation in Curriculum and Instructional Practices
- On-Campus College Credit Learning Opportunities
NOTE: The Board's "3-Year Vision for the District" is part of a continuous improvement plan and is under regular review through discussion at its meetings. Board meetings are open to the public and are live-streamed. Community members are encouraged to attend, get informed, and share opinions and concerns during public comment at meetings or by contacting individual Board Members.