Mission & Vision
Glen Lake Community School District and its Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
To inspire and prepare students to achieve at their highest potential for today's ever-changing world.
- Everyone can learn.
- Every person is entitled to be respected, valued, and nurtured.
- Every learner is entitled to the best education possible.
- The learning environment must be organized, with high expectations, to encourage success for all.
- Education improves with student, parent, staff, and community involvement.
Board Core Values:
- Student-Centered Focus
- Acting with Courage and Honesty
- Respect all Stakeholders
- Collaborative Problem-Solving
Board's 3-Year Vision for the District:
- Completed Community Facility
- International and Domestic Travel Offered to All Students and Staff
- Increase Participation and Opportunities in Visual and Performing Arts
- Bus Garage
- Additional Life Skills Curriculum
- New Playground for All
- Develop a Sustainability Plan and Programming
- Explore Immersion Language Program
- Ongoing Support of Innovation in Curriculum
- On-Campus College Credit Learning Opportunities
NOTE: The Board's "3-Year Vision for the District" is part of a continuous improvement plan and is under regular review through discussion at its meetings. Board meetings are open to the public and are live-streamed as of December 9, 2019. Community members are encouraged to attend, get informed, and share opinions and concerns during public comment at meetings or by contacting individual Board Members.